Tuesday 18 December 2012

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Vs Superdrug Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser


I've been using Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser for a few years and I can't knock it at all. It takes off all makeup with ease and leaves your skin feeling clean and smooth. I can't knock it...except for the price. At £14.25 for 100ml and two cloths, the cost adds up!

A couple of months ago, I came across the Superdrug's own version of a Hot Cloth Cleanser - Naturally Radiant - which at £5.99 for 150ml and one cloth, is a fraction of the price of the Liz Earle C&P. (I actually got mine for £2.99 introductory offer which has now finished, but it is currently on Buy One Get One Half Price)

The products come in similar squeezy packaging (note: you can get Liz Earle in a hard tube as well) and the muslin cloths are very similar. The Superdrug product is a little thinner, but does the same job.


Here is my makeup after my Christmas do. I thought this would be a good a time as any to show you how well these products both work as I was wearing a ton of makeup.

Cue some pouty pictures of me trying to get the same face every time!


I used Liz Earle C&P on the right hand side and Superdrug NR on the left hand side.
Notice how well each product works.

With the Liz Earle, you rub the product directly on to dry skin and rub over your makeup to break down.

With the Superdrug product, you need to wet your face slightly before rubbing the product in.

In the picture below you can see how well about 20 seconds of gentle rubbing breaks down the eye makeup.

Looks gross, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!


I then dipped the muslin cloth in hot water, squeezed it out and wiped the product from my face.

Normally, with every day makeup, this one step is enough and all of my makeup is removed. However, since I was wearing loads of dark eye makeup, I decided to repeat the process once more to make sure everything was removed.


Tadaaa! I then just washed my face with soap and water to get rid of any residue and that's it. All traces of makeup removed within a couple of minutes.


Both products work pretty much EXACTLY the same. The only difference is the smell. I have to admit that I'm not a massive fan of the Superdrug smell which is Kiwi, Mulberry and Cocoa Butter. For the difference in price, though, I'd rather go without the Eucalyptus and Chamomile smell of the Liz Earle. 

As much as I love my Liz Earle product, I can safely say that I would prefer to buy a product which is cheaper than half the price, that does the same job. In fact, taking advantage of the £2.99 introductory offer, I actually purchased three tubes of the Superdrug stuff, so I'm set for a while.

If you're a Liz Earle C&P addict like I used to be and want to save some money, I'd definitely try out this product. And if you haven't used either before and want an amazing makeup remover, get yourself down to Superdrug ASAP!

Hope this helped some of you in need of a new product!
See you soon,
N
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Neeny

    your makeup was gorgeous. I like this product, it looks like it works well. I might have to go out and get some for my Christmas makeup adventures.

    Janine xx
    http://bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive bought the superdrug cleanser too and i find it works better if applied to dry skin either way i love both products

    ReplyDelete